Job Opportunity: Electronics Team Lead
Atlantic Canadian leader in innovation and design, Enginuity, is seeking a full-time electronics designer/engineer to join their team. Having a minimum 5 years relevant industrial experience under their belt, the right candidate will have the engineering smarts coupled with the people skills to assess a customer’s needs and deliver to them. You will exceed expectations in designing, sourcing, building, programming, and testing fully functional prototypes and small production runs.
Enginuity is a rapidly growing and diverse team working in oceans-tech, aerospace & defence, medical, ag-tech and consumer products; No two days are ever the same.
If this sounds like a fit for you, please send resume with a portfolio of your own work and/or video.
- Understand and participate in the engineering design process to support new product design activities, and service support engineering
- Actively BUILD, TRAIN and MANAGE electrical/electronics product development team, including:
- Project planning and budgeting with interdisciplinary design teams and Program Managers
- Direct and mentor team members
- Prepare work packages and project plans to provide rigorous development and testing path
- Participate in management and planning sessions
- Be directly and personally involved in the product development process, including:
- System architecture and design
- Firmware and embedded software development
- Prototyping/bread-boarding and concept testing
- PCB layout, hardware selection, procurement and testing
- Maintain and support a positive environment for learning and growth within the team.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related field and 5+ years developing embedded systems
- 7+ years experience in embedded systems design will be considered in lieu of formal education.
- Strong system architecture design ability; experience testing and releasing robust code
- Detail oriented, team player
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision or as a part of a larger team
- Creative with a passion for learning
- Comfortable in ambiguity and change
- Happy to ask for help
- Not intimidated by multiple projects, deadlines and milestones.
- Ability to work under pressure
- Willing to pitch-in and learn on the fly on projects outside of your background.
Enginuity is growing, we’re providing excellent benefits, with great opportunities for professional growth and career development for candidates with the right mix of drive, ambition, teamwork, dedication and operational excellence.
Enginuity – Creative, Agile and Trusted Results
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent